What to do if you forgot how much you bid
First, look up your address on etherscan.io in order to find the transaction in which you placed your bid.
- An outgoing transaction (orange)
- To ENS-Registrar
- With an ETH value > 0.01 ETH (not one that says "0 Ether")
- Was sent 2-4 days ago (if you are just revealing your bid now)
- That, when you click on the TX hash, has "Function: newBid(bytes32 sealedBid)" under "Input Data"
Once you find this, copy and paste the value in the "Input Data" into a text document & remove the "MethodId:" and ":" so that it looks like this:
Now, go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/helpers.html
Scroll to the "ENS" section, depending on what you saved, enter the following:
- The address you bid from
- ENS Name you Bid On (no '.eth' at the end!), or the namehash from your long string under "Hashed ENS Name (Label Hash)"
- The amount you think you bid
- Your Secret, or the sha3 secret from your long string under "Your Secret (Hashed)"
When you do this, the following four fields will populate with long data. You want compare the string you copied earlier (
0xce92dced69faf18dd0953d9124d7917234b0efc05c78fd0d9abfc6ffb32d512680fdbb65) to the string shown under "New Bid Data".
Change the amount you bid until the strings match.
Copy the "Reveal Data" string and go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction and unlock the wallet for the address that you placed the bid on. This address should also be the same address entered on the https://www.myetherwallet.com/helpers.html.
Enter the following information into the fields:
- To: 0x6090a6e47849629b7245dfa1ca21d94cd15878ef
- Amount: 0 ETH
- Gas Limit: 200000
- Data: From the "Reveal Data" field on https://www.myetherwallet.com/helpers.html
Generate and sign your transaction.
Click your TX hash after you send it. Ensure there are no errors (you may have to refresh a few times.)
Then, in a new tab, go to https://etherscan.io/enslookup?q=yourname.eth and type in the name you bid on. Ensure that you see a very recent transaction from your address with "Unseal Bid" next to it.