Starting an Auction without Bidding
You can open an auction without bidding. It's not the simplest thing in the world, but it's not the worst. It looks harder than it is:
- Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/helpers.html
NS Debugger & Data Grabber
- Type the name (without .eth) under
ENS Name you Bid on
- Copy the data provided under
Start Auction Data
- In a new tab, go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction and unlock the wallet you wish to start the auction with
- Enter the following information into the fields:
- Gas Limit:
- Data: From the
Start Auction Datafield on https://www.myetherwallet.com/helpers.html
- Send your transaction
- Go to etherscan.io and type the name-you-bid-on.eth in the search bar. It should take you a page similar to https://etherscan.io/enslookup?q=yourname.eth
- Look under
Related Txnsfor the start auction call you just made.
- Note: Depending on the gas price you use, it may not show up immediately
Please let us know if we can improve the above guide in any way. Obviously, coding a UI that allowed you to do this would be best, but we need to work with the limited time we have right now.
Best of luck!
Internal Note Keep in sync with: ENS - Start Auction w/o Bidding