Error: Cannot send due to Insufficient funds
If you are getting the error,
"Insufficient funds. Account you try to send transaction from does not have enough funds. Required XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and got: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", it means you do not have enough ETH in your account to cover the cost of gas.
Each transaction (including token and contract transactions) require gas and that gas is paid in ETH. You can think of this like a transaction fee.
Solution: Send 0.01 ETH to that account in order to be able to make the transaction.
A standard TX will be
21000 gas & a gas price of
0.00000002 ETH so the total TX fee will be
0.00042 ETH. With tokens, the amount of gas is typically
z50000 gas - 100000 gas, so the total TX fee increases to
0.001 ETH - 0.002 ETH.
The number displayed in that error message is the amount required to cover the cost of the transaction in Wei. Take that number, divide by
1000000000000000000. This will give you the amount of Ether you need to send to that account to make the transaction.
More Information About Gas
- A standard TX will be 21000 gas & a gas price of 0.00000002 ETH so the total TX fee will be 0.00042 Ether.
- With tokens, the amount of gas is typically 50000 gas - 100000 gas, so the total TX fee increases to 0.001 ETH - 0.002 ETH.
- The amount of ETH or tokens you are sending does not affect the amount of gas you need.
- GAS LIMIT is the maximum amount of GAS you will send with your transaction. This is in units of GAS.
- GAS PRICE, which you will not see except on the Offline page, is how much each unit of gas costs. We set it at 0.00000002 ETH.