Lost Private Key
We're really sorry but MyEtherWallet is not a "web wallet". You do not create an account or give us your ETH or tokens to hold onto. We are simply an interface that allows you to easily interact with the Ethereum blockchain.
In order to ensure your security & privacy, sensitive data is never saved, stored, or transmitted when you use MyEtherWallet. We only have access to the information that is publicly available on the blockchain.
Unfortunately, this means we cannot:
- Recover your private key
- Access your account
- Recover or reset your password
- Reverse or cancel transactions
- Recover your account
- Send your ETH or Tokens from one address to another
There may be a chance that you saved it without realizing it. We recommend:
- Do a full search of your computer for “UTC--“ and see if the private key shows up.
- Do a full search of your computer for your address without the 0x at the beginning.
- If you know when you created it, look through all files during that time period for any documents or screenshots.
- Generate a new wallet via https://www.myetherwallet.com/#generate-wallet and take a look at the different options you may have downloaded or saved. Sometimes that can jog your memory.
In the future, we highly recommend you print out a paper version of your wallet and keep it in multiple physical locations. You can read more about how to safely back up your wallet here.
Again, I'm really sorry.