How to Add a Custom Token to MyEtherWallet
Adding a new token / sending custom tokens / checking balance of tokens / seeing custom token / ERC-20
First, make sure you have clicked the orange
"Load Tokens" button.
If you still don't see your token, you simply need to add it to your interface:
Any ERC-20 token can be added to your local MEW interface by following these instructions.
- Go to Ethplorer.io
- Type in the name of the token, or search to your address and click on the Token's name there.
- At the very top is the address.
- Down below that there is a thing called "decimals", which is a number between 0 and 18.
- In a new tab, navigate to the "Send Ether & Tokens" page on MyEtherWallet.
- Unlock your wallet.
- Click "Add Custom Token" on the right side.
- Enter the
addressyou got from Ethplorer.io.
- Type in what you want to call it - the name or the symbol.
- Enter the
🎉 You can now send your new token and see it's balance in the sidebar!
In the future, we may add this token as a "Default" token on MyEtherWallet. In that case, you will see two of that token in the sidebar. While this won't break anything, it can be annoying.
To remove a custom token, click the little ( - ) icon next to your token. This will remove it from the interface. It is not deleting or removing the tokens themselves. They are still safely in your wallet, we promise.