Transaction Failed - Out of Gas
Each transaction (including token and contract transactions) require gas and that gas is paid in Ether. You can think of this like a transaction fee. The more computational effort a transaction takes, the more gas you need.
MyEtherWallet estimates how much gas you will need - but sometimes it doesn't get it right.
Solution: Try manually increasing the "Gas Limit". First, try doubling the amount of gas that MyEtherWallet estimates, and sending again.
Any excess gas will be returned to you, so you could even triple or quadruple it.
We are always trying to improve how we estimate gas as contracts become more complex. However, sometimes we still get it wrong. We apologize for the inconvenience.
More Information About Gas
- A standard TX will be 21000 gas & a gas price of 0.00000002 ETH so the total TX fee will be 0.00042 Ether.
- With tokens, the amount of gas is typically 50000 gas - 100000 gas, so the total TX fee increases to 0.001 ETH - 0.002 ETH.
- The amount of ETH or tokens you are sending does not affect the amount of gas you need.
- GAS LIMIT is the maximum amount of GAS you will send with your transaction. This is in units of GAS.
- GAS PRICE, which you will not see except on the Offline page, is how much each unit of gas costs. We set it at 0.00000002 ETH.